Overall service questions
Working on your question resolution involves 4 main steps:
- A search for experts and knowledge. Use our suggestions to discover the existing knowledge.
- The selection of relevant Experts. Create a list of relevant experts to answer your question.
- Draft your Question.
- Submit your question to our team
This is an important aspects to which we pay a lot of attention, this includes:
- The name of your company does not appear
- You can decide to make the question public or not
See more details in the Confidentiality section below.
Search engine questions:
For a quick introduction of it’s functions you can refer to our video demo and our guided tour page. More advanced features are addressed below. Our search engine is patented under EP2608129.
The process is made of four main steps
- A search for experts and knowledge.
Start by entering keywords representing the domain of your question. As an exemple a user willing to “find smaller antennas design for a 3G device” may start by searching for “compact antenna”. The system will return results and suggestions of relevant domains or technologies that should also be investigated, as “metamaterial antenna” or “USB dongle application”. Select these suggestions if they make sense to look for particular expertise, new experts and new suggestions will be presented.
For more details please refer to our video demo and guided tour.
- The selection of relevant Experts.
Each time you find an expert having authored relevant publications or patents you can add him or her to your contact list, clic on ADD. For the overall process to be successful you must select a fair number of experts, typically around 100. This is required to make sure you will receive enough proposals. To help you with that, the system automatically detects similar experts to the ones you have selected. When you have selected a fair number of relevant experts you can “Finalise your List”. This will give you an opportunity to review it, remove some experts or add similar ones.
- Draft your Question.
When your list is finalized you can draft your question. The questionnaire will help you specify the most important aspects of the question (problem statement, IPR, maturity). Make your question more appealing by including a picture, a reward price if possible and a detailed version as an attachment.
- Submit your question.
With an experts list and a question drafted you are almost done. Hit the “Send for Review” button and your question will be sent for validation by our team.
What happens next ?
We will review and potentially update your question and the experts list, identify the contacts and write to the experts and ask for their interest. You will receive some notifications along this process (question validated, question published, question asked, solution received) until you decide to select one or more proposals.
We implement five controls to manage confidentiality as you need.
- The name of your company does not appear on the question unless you explicitly ask for it.
- You can decide to make the question public (visible on our website to all visitor, pushed to external experts groups, Social Networks) or private, in this case it will be only visible to the experts contacted.
- You can specify organisations names that you don’t want to be contacted.
- Finally we recommend not to share confidential information in the question details, these can be shared later when you have selected one our more proposal(s).
The solutions submitted are only visible to our staff and to the seeker who has agreed to our terms of Service. We however recommend to not share the full details of your inventions when they are not protected by IPR titles. Solutions may be described by their external performances and constraints in the first place. Implementation details can be discussed on a later stage under NDA.